Saturday, May 17, 2008
Baba pulls through again....
Being a teacher, there is one thing that always amazes me each year. I always have one child who lacks schema. For those non teachers, schema is basically background knowledge. When a child does not have background knowledge on many things, school can be difficult at times. For example, one year I had a student who had never been to a museum, farm, vacation, or even playground outside of the school playground. So when this student went to write a story, she had nothing to write about or anything to make connections to when she read. So, I have been on a mission to build up Drew's schema! Well, Baba is the one who is really doing this while I am at school. She never fails to teach him something new each day! Lately, Drew has been in love with horses. When I take him to school we talk about the horses we see on the farm we pass. He wanted to touch, feed and ride one. Baba pulled through again!!! She took him to a friend's stable and he got to fulfil his new dream.
This picture just shows how massive these horses are compared to Drew.
He fed the horses apples.

And then brought hay in for them to munch on.
He absolutely loved it. Now he can say he did all of this...if he remembers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment